Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ms. Love's List

I love lists. They are a necessary part of my daily life. I'm not sure I would know how to function without them. As a result of this strange obsession with lists, I will begin my adventures in blogging with a list all about my favorite topic - me!



1. My name really is Ms. Love. I wasn't born with this name. As a matter of fact, this name is one of the only things I still have from my former marriage. I wasn't a fan of all the emotional baggage associated with a divorce, so I got rid of all that. But the name? I like the name. I decided to keep it.



2. I love Jesus. A lot. But I refuse to be one of those people who wear a nametag that says "Christian" and then turn my nose up at everyone who doesn't wear a matching nametag. Actually, some of my favorite people in the world don't wear matching nametags. I simply share my beliefs with people, pray for them, and try to love everyone. I have a lot more time to enjoy life when I'm not busy judging everyone who crosses my path.



3. I am a single mom. I have a 10 year old sidekick who has the ability to make me cry happy tears, sad my-baby's-growing-up tears, proud mommy tears, and end-of-my-rope tears of frustration...all in the same day. She wants to grow up to be a model (but refuses to cut her hair or wear skimpy clothing), rescue orphans, feed hungry people around the world, protect endangered species, and return the earth to its pristine, pre-human condition. And she wants to photograph every moment of every day. She has informed me that she will do all these things without the use of math, so she doesn't really have to focus on that class. I promptly pointed out that she will not be able to practice any of those things if she spends the rest of her childhood grounded for not doing her best in math. We'll see who wins.



4. I own a home daycare business. As if it wasn't hard enough to raise a child by myself, I have made the choice to open my front door every morning and allow other people's children to spend 8 - 10 hours with me before going back out the door. Even though my own child is 10 years old, dirty diapers, baby food, terrible two's, and temper tantrums are still part of my everyday life. And I do this to myself on purpose. Clearly I am out of my mind.



5. Coffee is one of my favorite things on the planet. I love it even more than purses and shoes. (Collective gasp.........NOW!) I treat coffee as though it is a food group. If I don't get the recommended number of servings daily, the results can be hazardous to the health of those around me.



I'll end my list here. Five is a good number. Lists that end with weird numbers (like say, 6 or 7) bother me and I would have to add more items until I reach a more desirable number (you know, like 10). And I really don't have time to do that because there is a to-do list waiting for me on the kitchen counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment